OVERVIEW -Land Acquisition Manager
This position is primarily responsible for directing divisional land acquisition activities, specifically the LAR process, by identifying and purchasing new land development and homebuilding opportunities through process of negotiating purchase and sale agreements, understanding land use planning and governmental entitlements, knowing physical constraints of site design and land development and assisting in product design. Cultivating continual professional relationships for purpose of expanding and obtaining new land acquisition opportunities through communication and negotiation with various types of individuals and groups including landowners and developers, financial institutions, land brokers, consultants, government officials, community members, as well as divisional and Corporate management staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with V.P. Land to initiate, develop, and administer land acquisition goals, objectives and strategies.
- Identifies new residential project opportunities and sites.
- Researches and defines specific target market areas & understands the housing market in each area.
- Conducts negotiations with land sellers.
- Works with V.P. of Land & Finance Dept. to conduct financial analysis of and underwrite land deals.
- Tracks land deals & land values in the various sub-markets the Division is actively looking in.
- Manages preparation of internal Land Acquisition Request packages.
- Performs and manages various due diligence activities and investigations of site opportunities and constraints.
- Prepares and manages land acquisition due diligence schedules.
- Maintains due-diligence documents data base & coordinates with technical consultants during feasibility.
- Assists V.P. of Land Acq. with the preparation of legal documentation and land purchase contracts.
- Oversees land escrow closing process and coordinates with Title Companies on escrow & title matters.
- Coordinates with Forward Planning Dept. to maintain relationships with City and County officials, including Staff and elected officials, for the processing of entitlement approvals on land purchases in escrow.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Land/Market Analyst.
- Recruit, select, train, manage, motivate, and mentor additional department staff as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College graduate, with degree in real estate development or law, business, engineering, architecture, construction mgt., planning, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in positions of increasing responsibility related to land acquisition with a builder, developer, or other real estate related firm, such as land brokerage, market research, financial analysis, forward planning, real estate development, or construction project management.
- Preference for professional experience within the northern Los Angeles and Inland Empire markets.
Skills & Abilities
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong leadership, project management, budgeting, and analytical skills required.
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems creatively.
- Relationship building and networking skills essential.
- Organizational skills; detail/technically oriented.
- Project management abilities preferred.
- Possess good judgement and common sense.
- Ability to work and partner across departments and functional groups to achieve goals
- Ability to navigate all stages of the Land Acquisition process
Technical Knowledge & Experience
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of and ability to negotiate complex legal documents
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, & Project
- Project Management Experience required
- Working in a typical office environment with travel to various municipalities.
- Requires travel to land or construction sites where temp., weather & noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed