At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: Provides Purchasing and/or Estimating Department(s) with administrative support, such as general office duties, data entry, new starts/permitting coordination, contracts administration and/or subcontractor/vendor problem resolution.
- May send out plans and specs for bid.
- May set up all new starts, new subdivisions and options into JD Edwards system.
- May input into JD Edwards system bid contracts, field Purchase Orders, take-offs, etc.
- May set up new contracts, update with all costs and description -changes and monitor through completion; may set up and maintain contract files.
- May prepare and maintain/update “hard” cost budget for each subdivision.
- May cross-reference fill-ins and take-offs for necessary changes; may process all fill-ins.
- May maintain cost book records for all suppliers.
- May track rebates.
- May produce “canned” periodic reports from department systems and spreadsheets.
- May review, distribute or act upon incoming departmental mail.
- May prepare Department correspondence; may type meeting minutes and subcontractor/vendor lists.
- May copy, collate and/or file documents.
- May organize and maintain purchasing/estimating manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Some Accounting coursework at college level preferred.
- Two years of Accounting experience at minimum preferred; two years contract experience may be required; familiarity with J D Edwards preferred.
- General knowledge of construction and divisional office procedures preferred.
- Proficient computer skills (especially spreadsheet and word processing software; may need database experience)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Typical Office Environment.