Manages all on site activity including managing staff and subcontractors to complete homes on time and within budget.
- Studies specifications to plan on basis of starting and completion times and staffing for each phase of construction.
- Orders procurement materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Coordinates all on site construction without supervision including daily interaction with Region/Division departments and city inspectors while coordinating and managing efforts of staff and subcontractors through all phases of construction.
- Locates, qualifies and schedules all subcontractors, negotiating pricing, inspecting work quality and completeness and ensuring prompt and accurate submission of invoices.
- Conducts daily physical inspection of each house to determine progress and to ensure staff and subcontractors comply with Company safety and quality control standards as well as any agency standards; oversees completion of walk through items.
- Ensures staff and subcontractors follow Company and Region/Division construction, quality control and safety methods and procedures; resolves complaints and grievances within work force; resolves customer problems.
- Adjusts personnel and equipment resources as needed to resolve construction problems and to avoid delays.
- Maintains complete file on each house so can provide timely and accurate progress reports.
- Manages on-site trailer area, all under construction home sites, completed unsold home sites, vacant lots and community as a whole such that all are kept clean and marketable at all times.
- Builder position may coordinate and manage Asst Builders on multi-tract projects.
- Performs other duties assigned by Construction Dept Head or Area Manager/General Superintendent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.
Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants